Saturday, August 14, 2010

North West Run!

This event was held at woodlands, in hand with this years' YOG. I was there to run as my coach needed to use this as a gauge to select next year's cross- country.

And so, we arranged to meet at the train station. Then, we did our warm-up, stretching and necessary drills before moving off to the start line. We lined up at the front, and when the siren was blown, we took off! During the beginning phase of the run, I felt relaxed and composed, but soon my legs got tired and and felt like there were bricks being piled up onto my thighs. Nevertheless, I pushed on further, telling myself that the heavy feeling was only temporary. And true enough, when I spotted the finishing line, the weight was taken off my thighs and I flew off.

This one of the most memorable event as the atmosphere there was wonderful. Seeing everyone donning the SYOG T-shirt lining up at the starting line, itching with excitement, unable to wait for the time when they could run. Music blasting at ear-drumming levels, seeing everyone being happy just made it better. Also, I got to spend time with my mother. After the run, we had dinner at together, something that I have not done for a long time since graduating from primary school. It was the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment